Email marketing can’t be separated from bounce emails. This can happen to anyone, especially for those who often use autoresponders.
So, what is Bounce Email? What is the reason for this Bounce? And how to solve this problem? Learn more below.
What is Bounce Email?
Bounce Email is an email that can’t be sent for some reason and is returned to the sender. Email bounces are divided into two categories: Hard bounces and soft bounces.
- Hard Bounce is a permanent bounce. The email never go to the recipients. It can happen because the email address is not active or the email address is invalid. Or the email recipient has blocked you as the sender.
- Soft Bounce is a temporary. It can happen when the recipient’s email inbox is full, or temporarily unavailable. The soft bounce can still allow your email to be received by the recipient when you re-send the email.
What are the Reason for Bounce Email?
When email returned to the sender, there are some reason for the bounce:
- Email address not found – it means the email is no longer active or the email address is invalid.
- Email address recycling – an email address that is no longer in use by the owner and is recycled by the email service provider to get a new owner.
- Mailbox full – the recipient’s inbox has run out of storage to receive your email.
- Inbox not responding – it could be due to a terminated connection, configuration, or domain.
- Failed to authenticate DMARC – the submission may be denied at DMARC policy. Make sure to authenticate the domain with the correct DKIM records.
- Sender authentication – submissions may also be denied due to a failure in the DKIM or SPF validation methods.
- Inbox timeout – The recipient’s Email Service Provider was unable to receive your message due to a timeout or poor connection quality. This can occur when the delivery of an email exceeds the acceptable delivery time.
- Blocked content – the recipient’s email service provider has blocked your email because of the email content it contains. Such content is recognized as spam.
- Sender rejected – the email sent was rejected by the recipient’s server due to the bad reputation of the email sender.
- Limit Capacity – the delivery was rejected due to the limited capacity of incoming messages from the receiving side.
- Blocked ISP channel – the delivery was refused because the sending channel or domain was blocked by a specific recipient.
- Globally blocked – delivery was denied because the sending channel or domain was blacklisted which could affect the ability to deliver to multiple recipients.
- Another reason – the submission failed due to reputation issues, the reasons was different from one of the reasons above.
- Another reason for soft bounces to occur – email delivery fails temporarily which cannot be categorized under any of the above reasons.
- Another reason for hard bounces – permanently failing to send emails can also be due to reasons other than the above.
How to Check Bounce Email on KIRIM.EMAIL?
Follow some steps below:
- Log in to aplikasi.kirim.email
- Click Lists menu
- On the Manage Lists tab choose one of the lists which you want to check the bounce email.
- Click the Subscriber in the Action section.
- In the Filter by section click the Bounced option.
- After that you will get a list of email addresses with a bounced status. There are 4 options that you can do:
- Move to lists
- Copy to lists
- Send confirmation