To verify DNS settings, please follow these steps:
- Log in to aplikasi.kirim.email.
- Go to the transactional email dashboard.
- Click the Configuration menu.
- Make sure the domain to set in the DNS is correct. Then click the DNS Configuration tab.
- Copy the SPF Value in the table.
- Open your DNS Manager and add a new record according to the terms above.
- Type : TXT.
- Name/ Hostname : Write @ or write your domain.
- TTL : Auto or 7200.
- Content/Value : Write the value you copied earlier.
Here is the example :
- Note : If your DNS Manager already has an SPF record, you can combine the SPF Value on the record.
So you don’t need to create a new record. Instead, edit an existing one.
For merging, input the “include: SPF.kirim.email” section in the existing record.
Here are the examples:
- Old SPF Record Value : v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.kerjamail.co ~all
- New SPF Record Value : v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.kerjamail.co include:spf.kirim.email ~all
- Repeat the steps on number 6 to add DKIM Records. :
- After adding the records, click the Verify DNS Settings in the Add DNS records for the sending step.
- If the value appears in the Current Value column, it means that the value is correct.
- If None found appears in the Current Value column, the value is wrong or still in the propagation.
Make sure the value is correct. If the values are right, wait until 24 hours and click the Verify DNS Settings again.
If more than 24 hours has not been verified We recommend changing your DNS Manager to Cloudflare.
- After that, click the Verify DNS settings button in the Wait for your domain to verify step.
- Click OK. Your domain is successfully verified.
If DKIM Value is Too Long
Sometimes when entering a DKIM Record, your DNS Manager will display an error message “Value was too long”. This means that the DKIM value is too long because the DNS Manager only limits it to 255 characters, while the value you input for the DKIM Record is more than 255 characters.
If this is the problem, what you need to do is reduce the number of characters in the DKIM value. You can do this by using an application called DKIM Splitter. There are many tools available, and one that you can use is the DNS record splitter from Mailhardener.
To use it, you can follow these steps:
- Copy your DKIM Record value.
- Go to the website https://www.mailhardener.com/tools/dns-record-splitter.
- Paste the DKIM record value into the provided field.
- The split value will automatically appear.
- Copy the value and enter it into your DNS Manager. Then, verify it.